Sunday, May 17, 2009

Drizzy Drake in Atlanta, GA.

I actually forgot to post this. Many people were excited and going hard about this Drake show. Feels like everyone went. A few weeks ago, Drake performed most of his well known songs at The Loft in Atlanta. VA native Trey Songz also made an appearance to complete the duet performance "Successful" along with Drake himself. Aubrey "Drake" Graham has become 2009's big buzz in the music industry. He's come a long way from playing "Wheelchair Jimmy" aka Jimmy Brooks in the teen show, Degrassi: The Next Generation since 2001. Luckily for mixtapes and Lil Wayne, Drake was able to be seen and heard by the public, and also respected. When I heard about him rapping in 2005, I wasn't sure if I could take him seriously. You know, since everyone wants to rap these days. Though, I finally listened to him sing last year when I heard Travis cover his song "Brand New", I got curious to hear the original version, then I started to dig it/him. But to the point, I got a chance to listen to his third mixtape, "So Far Gone" and man, I couldn't stop listening. I'm not really a rap head (anymore) so not many lyricist these days interest me, but Drake did it for me. I can see him going far. Very talented young man. Rapper, singer, actor, he's doing his thing. I really wish to see him succeed in all of his endevours. Without further ado, here he is performing some of his hits, also, I included his version of "Take You Down" that is featured on his new mixtape "The Drought Is Over: Drake Edition". Do you think he'll go down as one of the best rappers alive? Let me know what you think.

*Credit to KENNY BURNS from Studio43 Films for the video.

Studio43 Films Presents: DRAKE from KENNY BURNS on Vimeo.



DRAKE - "Take You Down"


No comments:

Post a Comment