Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hello. (echo)

Well hello there. Most of you reading know me, or know of me, on all different types of levels. Some personally, some see me every once in a while, and some through the net. Hello to you, and hello to everyone else who just came across this blog. Obviously, it's my first blog entry, so I'm going to give a quick run through, and the get down to the nitty gritty.

The name is Jenn, that's all. I created this blog to touch on many subjects, and to pick everyone's brain. Also, I'll be blogging about myself, and anything that I may find interesting that goes on around me. That doesn't mean it'll be interesting to YOU per se, but you'll still read, right? Though, that'll help those who don't know me too well GET to know me a bit better. You'll get to learn who I am, what I'm about, what I like to do, etc. As far as topics, if there's something you'd like for me to touch base on, just shoot me an email, (melodiqsoul@gmail.com) and that can probably be an open discussion. It can be about artists, movies, tv shows, fashion, sex, relationships, politics, whatever you like. Once you keep reading, you'll get the drift. =)

Today, I wanted to touch on the gay community. The other day, I finally got to check out B. Scott's vlog about Bow Wow being homophobic. I didn't get a chance to view the video B. Scott is talking about, but the story goes as; Bow Wow is in a barber shop, ready to get his hair cut, he then realizes the barber that's about to cut his hair is "gay". At this point, Bow does NOT want a gay man touching his head. So if I'm not mistaken, he had some else cut his hair. B. Scott heard about this, and went off. I'd really have to say B. Scott touched on MANY valid points. Now, I don't want to say what Bow should and should not do, but in my eyes, that wasn't right at all. I know some people can't help what they don't like, or are not comfortable with, but there are certain ways to do things. It's kind of crazy how people can be homophobic, and it's only when they know the person is gay, or if the person shows signs of being overly flamboyant. What if he's had gay men who are NOT flamboyant touch his head before? Did it make a difference then? I think if a person is skilled at a certain profession, it shouldn't matter WHAT their race, sexual orientation or PREFERENCE is, they are trained to do a job, and they are certified in doing it well. It's funny how we go through this whole racism, black history, prejudice past, yet, people are doing SAME exact thing with gays. Now, no disrespect to Bow, no shade either, but if he, or anyone reading that may be homophobic, especially if you're black, replace that gay barber with a BLACK barber, see the difference? Yeah, there IS none. What if someone didn't want to deal with you because you were black? Or Hispanic? "I don't want that nigger cutting my hair", you see how we repeat history? We want prejudgment to stop, but it's up to US to make it stop. I for one, I can't treat someone difference because they don't do the same things I do, or like what I like, or seem "different" to the public eye. I have many gay friends, and I treat them equally to all of my other friends. There's no reason to treat them differently. They are regular human beings! "Gays are not normal". What IS normal? No one in this world is "normal". There is NO definition on living a "normal" lifestyle, because there isn't just ONE lifestyle. Many of you have gay friends, family members, teachers, co-workers, etc. Gays are people too! Just remember, when you offend the gay community, you are offending YOURSELVES, your race, your generation and ANYONE who has been discriminated again. Ex: your grandparents and/or great grandparents, Rosa Parks, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. who FOUGHT during the worst times for YOU to have a better life than they did, not to have you do what was done to them!
Not saying that Bow Wow is DL, but like B. Scott said, many guys/girls that are homophobic, or just always seem to bad-mouth the gay community, are usually the one's who are on the down low/closet gays, and trust, I've seen it happen many times with friends of mine. The end. Before you ask, no, I'm not gay, bisexual, interested in the same sex, etc. But I am NOT against them. People can't help WHO (or what) they fall in love with. Can't help your feelings or emotions, for the same reason some women (or men) stay in abusive relationships, whether it be physical or verbal....but that's a whole 'nother subject. "Being gay is a sin". Judging is a sin. God creates people a certain way for a PURPOSE. Everyone is put on this earth for a reason, just the way you are. God has a plan. Ever seen the movie Simon Birch? If not, you should.

That's the end of my first blog entry (thank God, I know =) hehe) Again, for any suggestions on anything concerning the site, the topics, etc, feel free to email me at melodiqsoul@gmail.com
This site may turn out to be something totally different than what it started out to be. Stay tuned. =)

Love yourself, appreciate yourself, forgive yourself and ACCEPT yourself. At the end of the day, no one can do it like YOU do.

Signed Sincerely,

A Melodiq Soul
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

4 comments:

  1. "some see me every once in a while..." :sigh: I NEVER see you! Discrimination against certain net folks!

    As for Bow Wow is too full of himself. He probably didn't wanna be associated with anymore gay rumors. To me, he's doing too much and will still be on the suspect list because of that. He's IN the industry... Shoot, half the industry is gay so he won't communicate with them or wear their stuff? (makeup artists, clothing designers, hair stylists, cooks..they taking over!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. People can't help WHO (or what)<---lol

    I think lil dude should've thought about what he was saying before he said it. People can't only throw shade at Bow Wow bc plenty of rappers express their homophobic views in their lyrics. I guess he was an easy target esp. after that video where he was snapping like a queen and letting his neck roll (thought dude was voguing. Anyway being gay is a sin but so is a lot of things that people do daily. good blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Preach Juju! Never was a fan of his anyway.

    I loved that video B. Scott made afterwards (B.Scott has something to get off his chest). Talk about speaking that good good truth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, he was pretty intense with it!
    And yeah, Y. Soul, I'm not saying just Bow Wow, but he's one of them now. Yeah, I think he acts the way he does now, because of all of the rumors, that video of him snappin' away, etc. I guess not wanting a gay guy to cut your hair shows how...straight you are? Negative.

    ReplyDelete